We a haven't been able to go out with the weather and lack of fishermen. We did not make it this morning but did go out this afternoon with just a few fisher people. Long ride but worth the trip as we picked away at the fish with everyone going home with dinner and more. Sailing every day and bring the kids as the ACTION is good. Still on the two trip half day schedule at 8 AM and 1:30 PM. Reservations suggested on weekends and groups of 4 or more. Thanks for looking in and here are just a couple of pics.
Monday, September 21, 2020
The weather has been nice on land although a little cool but the ocean is still riled up with big swell from Teddy and the wind will pick up again tomorrow with gusts to 25. Therefore we will wait until Weds to go out again but Thursday on looks even better if you can wait. Thanks for looking in and hope to see you soon. Don't be afraid to call if you are not sure if we are sailing or not.
Sunday, September 20, 2020
I went down to the boat early this morning to see how the wind was, and it was not good. Blowing from the NE about 20 so we decided to abort the trip. Looks like today and tomorrow will not be good and we will not be sailing. Tuesday is a maybe but Weds is a definite go. Please call ahead to check any time the weather is not great, to save yourself a trip, although many times it is nice where you are but not on the water. You can also check the local marine forecast. Thanks for looking in and hope to see you soon. We are still on the 2 trip half day schedule for another couple of weeks, bottom fishing for porgies and etc, but will eventually go to a one morning trip only schedule.
Saturday, September 19, 2020
We did not get out Friday or today due the high winds. Not sure about tomorrow,Sunday, so give me a call before you come down, but it looks like a repeat of today. We are now bottom fishing for porgies (sea bass closed) and what ever else bites. Thanks for looking and stay safe.
Friday, September 18, 2020
We got out on both trips and the ocean was not bad with only a swell. Picked at some short fluke and some nice big porgies. Did not connect with any keeper fluke but did have good action. We will try to sail this morning but not the afternoon trip and will see what the weather brings for tomorrow, Sat. Thanks for looking in and here are some pics.
Wednesday, September 16, 2020
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Sunday, September 13, 2020
Wednesday, September 9, 2020
I finally got some of the pics that the crew took including the 8 1/2 lb beauty. We only got out in the afternoon trip on Tues and could fish where we wanted as the winds did not kick up like the two afternoons before. Caught a few beauties up to 6 lbs on the first drift but then it shut off and we only got some shorts and sea bass (out of season now) after that. The two days previous we fished the ocean in the morning but the swell did put a few people under the weather, the afternoons were just to windy and rolly so we reverted back to the knoll where we did pick some short and a couple of keeper fluke. We MAY not be going out on Thurs since the forecast will deter most from coming down, call me if you are thinking about it. Here some pics of the past trips. Thanks for looking in, the big one at the end.
Sunday, September 6, 2020
We started out where we have been fishing but only caught a few shorts, sea robins and a keeper fluke. Went out farther to another area and got a nice shot of keeper fluke including on that went 8.5lbs plus. Picked a few more keepers and shorts but then it was time to go. Went back in the afternoon but the south wind kicked up and it was hard to hold bottom as well as rolly. Ended up on the knoll where we picked a few shorts but did get a keeper fluke. Waiting to get pics from my crew as my camera is dead. Thanks for looking in and we are still sailing everyday.