Wednesday, December 2, 2015

11/29 Sunday's report

    We tried a different area in shallower water and picked away at shorts(blackfish) and only a couple of keepers so made a little shift to get a few more keepers but less action on the shorts. We  then moved offshore a little to catch some bigger fish but not enough of them. Just an ok day with everyone catching fish but not all getting keepers.  I was disappointed to read a comment on the face book page that one person said we stayed on a spot for hours catching nothing, Really?  As most of you know I would not do that and the only day that it may have seemed that way was was one of the two days we could not lay on anything (stay on one spot) because of no wind or current and the boat just went where it wanted to go. So I let it go in hopes of drifting over another spot that held fish. Not my fault and all the boats had the same  problem. Another comment was the mate told a guy we would go for sea bass also but I think he meant striped bass. We are blackfishing, that what the sign and ads read,  and unless we had a great day and went home early enough to  have time to stop on bass on top that WERE biting, then I might  if all agreed to it.  I always try my best and usually more then some others, but to those two guys, come to me if you have a problem,  instead of posting on the internet when you don't have the right facts.  Good luck on the other boats you guys try. Here are just a couple of pics.


1 comment:

  1. I have to say that both of those guys couldn't be more wrong about Hal and his crew.Nobody would ever tell you they were fishing for something they're not,ever!Also anybody who does fish on this boat,knows how much the Capt loves not only for you to catch but loves to catch fish himself and I can say the same for the crew.And last,any of the regulars who are on the boat,are more than willing to help out anybody else.If these two guys choose another boat to fish on,sorry and good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete