We got out with a small group this morning and it started out nice. Picked at shorts and some keepers, and then the wind picked up and the current against it made it a little rolly. It gt worse so we stayed and on the drop then went home. We had some good fishermen the boat with expensive gear but the pool was taken by a man with a rod rental, go figure, lol as they say. NOT sailing tomorrow with the forecast and don't think about going out as it will not be nice. Will be back at it on Weds and we will go from there. Thanks for looking in and have a Happy, Safe and Healthy New Year. Here are a few pics of some of the fish.
Monday, December 31, 2018
Sunday, December 30, 2018
Sunday 12/30 Much nicer
We headed out on a calm ocean with no wind with a nice group of guys. Picked away slowly at shorts and then a few keeper blackfish came up. Mad a couple other moves and picked away even better as the bite got built up. Not a lot but keepers around the boat and everyone catching shorts. Sailing tomorrow but will wait and see about New years day with some wind coming New years eve. Thanks for looking in and if we don't see you have a Happy,Healthy and safe new year. Her are a few pics.
Saturday 12/29
Well, we gave it a shot not expecting too much fish wise and more than that weather wise. It was not nice but not rough, nicer than I thought it would be. Picked at shorts but not many keeper blackfish. Today and Monday look nicer but not sure about New years day with gusts to 35 New years eve and rain into the morning. We will let you know as it gets closer. Thanks for looking in and here are a couple of pics.
Friday, December 28, 2018
Will give it a shot
We will give it a shot tomorrow morning but it may not be nice. Thanks for checking in and see you tom or Sunday. Got a few calls for tomorrow with the warmer weather so we will see what happens. Thanks for looking in again and see you then.
Pics from 12/27 and update
None of the boats went out today with the wind and rain forecast. I'm still undecided about going out tomorrow, Saturday with the forecast being 4 - 7 ft seas out of the south with a west wind of 20+ knots that would put us side to the roll. If we do go it will not be that nice and Sunday sounds like the better choice. I am going to wait for an updated forecast this evening or tomorrow morning, you can also call me early in the morning. Here are some pics for Thursday's trip. Thanks for looking in and here are the pics.
Thursday, December 27, 2018
12/27 Another good one
We had another nice day on the water with light winds and calm seas. Picked at shorts and a few keeper black fish mixed in. High hook was Adrian with 4 keeper blackfish and there were keepers all around the boat. Pool winner was not a regular sharpie so you never know. Forgot the camera so will post pics tomorrow. Thanks for looking and and have a Happy Healthy New Year if we do not see you. Not sailing tomorrow and not sure about Saturday. Give me a call,tomorrow, Friday eve.
Wednesday, December 26, 2018
Weds 12/26 A good one
We didn't make it out on Monday, Christmas eve day and nobody sailed on Christmas. Got out today with a small group and despite the not so great anchoring conditions, we put a nice catch together. From limits plus on down everyone caught fish and most went home with keepers. Here are some pics and we will be going out tomorrow, but not Friday with the winds. Hope all had a nice Christmas and thanks for looking in.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)