It may be breezy tomorrow, Friday, but we WILL be going. Hope the stripers are there and hungry. Also hope there are not too many small boats to knock them down if they come up, don't get me wrong there are a lot of sharp small boater fisher people, but there are also a lot of idiots the just plow into the fish and knock them down. Bring what you got, jigs, shads, bunker snaggers and rigs for live bait if you get a bunker. See you in the AM and lets hope for the best. Thanks for looking in.
Thursday, October 22, 2026
Wednesday, October 21, 2026
Weds update, the winds won't stop - next trip now Friday 10/23
We were planning on going out Thurs but will hold off until Friday since winds are still blowing. Hopefully the cooler temps pushed some more fish down and they will be hungry. Still on the 8AM - 2 schedule for now but please come by 7:30 or call ahead so we can figure if we have enough to go. Thanks for looking in.
Sunday, October 18, 2026
Sunday 10/18 They eluded us again - Not sailing until Thurs.
The morning started off breezy and choppy which the stripers usually like. We searched and tried here there and every where from Sandy hook and Raritan bay down the beach, across to the NY side and back. Saw a lot of birds and bait at times but no good, and not just for us. By the afternoon the winds died and it turned out nice for the later part of the day and it still didn't help. With that being said we are going to take a pass the next few days with the NE winds picking up and no fish to boot. We will try again on Thurs if the weather straightens out. Thanks for looking in.
Saturday, October 17, 2026
Sat 10/17 Sailing Sunday and maybe Monday
We will be going out tomorrow, Sunday and maybe Monday if possible, but the rest of the week does not look good with the wind forecast. Bring you big shads, jigs, and bunker snaggers and don't forget to check your line, knots and of course you DRAG as the fish are big. Feel free to ask a crew member for help checking everything, thats what they are there for. Thanks for looking in. Another old pic.
Thursday, October 15, 2026
Thurs 10/15 That good day was not today - Not sailing until Sunday
We went out with a very small group, really not enough, but wanted to try other areas and put a catch together. It did not pan out and that reminds me as long as we are on the 8- 2 schedule, please try and get to the boat by 7:30, or call me, so if we do not have enough we can put you on a another boat and not send you home. Can not be going out with a handful of guys with fuel at $6 + a gallon. The wind forecast for the next two days is not good so we will not be sailing. Thanks for looking in and keep posted as we maybe changing our schedule.
Wednesday, October 14, 2026
Weds 10/14 Striper report - We sailed and failed, back at it in the AM
We went out with a group of good regulars, everyone we knew and looked forward to some Stiper catching. Like a boxer that got down in the first round we had a tough day, but will be back at it in the morning. Not sure about Friday and Sat with the weather coming in so will let you know tomorrow. Did lose a big one, so check you gear, line, knots and DRAG! If you are not sure about it have one of our experienced mates check it for you or have them go over everything. Please listen to us as we want you to catch and bring that big fish in. Thanks for looking in and hope to see you on the boat. As they say, don't read the good report, be in it cause you never know when that day will come.
Monday, October 12, 2026
Monday 10/12 Fishing schedule update - Striper special Weds
With the poor catching of keeper sea bass the last 2 trips we decided to try for stripers on Weds on the same schedule, 8 -2. Not sure what to expect as there are not many good reports of catching them on shads or jigs so bring what you got and we will go from there, it has got to happen some time and we want to be ready. Here is a pic from last year and thanks for looking in.
Saturday, October 10, 2026
Fri/Sat 10/9 & 10 reports - Not sailing next few days
Well we fished different areas off shore on Friday and fished inshore Saturday with the same results, decent short action at times but very few keepers, just like the fluking was. Not sailing the next few days with the weather coming in and will decide from there. Hope something will change soon. Thanks for looking in.
Thursday, October 8, 2026
Weds 10/7 Fishing report and schedule
It was a very nice day on the water with light winds and calm seas. The wind is a big factor in this fishing as a boat can go to more spots not having to anchor and usually catch more fish. We caught on most of the spots but again mostly short sea bass with a couple of small porgies and small blackfish and some keeper sea bass. A lot of work for not a lot of keepers but at least the action was good with a high hook of 4 or 5 on down to just shorts. We did not try to sail today with the wind forecast but back at it Friday and Sat, not sure about Sunday yet. We are down to only one morning trip a day, 8 AM - 2, no afternoons. Staying with the bottom fishing on a limited schedule until enough Stripers show up to catch during the day. Thanks for looking in and don't be afraid to call if not sure of the schedule. Here are pics of some of the keepers.
Saturday, October 3, 2026
Sat 10/2 Sea bass report - next trip Weds 10/7
We ended up cancelling today's trip with the wind blowing from the NE. On Sat we picked away at the fish, all sea bass but mostly shorts, with some getting a few to take home but at least the action was good. Tomorrows weather does not sound good so we will hold off sailing till Weds. hoping the stripers show up soon for day time fishing. Thanks for looking in and here are a few pics of some of the keepers.